So my mind has been consumed with my latest project. I want to combine so many elements into this piece and it was hard to say where the focus was landing. I finally broke down and printed some copies of the drawings in different sizes and cut the pieces out. Then I could play with them to my hearts content until I had the sizing satisfactory in my mind. I had originally thought up this idea as a sleeping moon with a small dream bubble popping up beside his head. It just didnt cut it in my book. I liked the sun and the world both so much. I love little patchwork fields and the idea for the paisley rayed sun was just too delicious in my mind. I needed them bigger! This is what I finally came up with...
I think its a nice blalnce.
Next I wanted some nice sunrise colors behind my sun. Since dyeing is out of the question right now. (when I find some more soda ash I am buying a TON) I decided to hand paint the sunrise...also the night sky...and the patchwork fields *grin* I just couldn't stop! I have really been enjoying picking up a paintbrush again. It's been a long time since I did any serious brushwork. This photo shows the colors still wet. As it dries the tone will mute a little.
Next I want to try a few experiments for the moon. I would love it to have a little iridescent glow to it. I'm not sure how I will go about this but I have a few ideas...more tomorrow!